Rumors, rumors. You either love 'em, or you love to hate them. If you haven't heard by now, somebody in Japan came across some secret documents destined for a Nintendo shareholder meeting. Above, is the picture this somebody drew from memory, highlighting the next-gen console's true name: The Nintendo 21.
But that's not all…
- planned for release at end of 2005
- medium is 2-sided 8cm disc, 5.4GB capacity, in a shellcase
- includes “Home Game function” which uses IEEE protocol to locate and communicate with other Nintendo 21s in the vicinity
- “Home Game function” is free, connect the AC adaptor and the machine talks to nearby Nintendo 21s and “Nintendo Home”s (? could be Form instead of Home - katakana is vague). Save data is stored on the main unit and affects other machines over the network.
- “Nintendo Home” machine is like a base station that will be put in many places and uses the PHS network for communication (popular mobile phone network). Will connect to handheld game machines and supports “Home Game function”, also sends latest info from Nintendo.
- “Nintendo Home” is being jointly developed with Kyosera.
- controller is like GC controller but “rubbing” is possible - e.g. you can control movement in a
game by rubbing the controller/buttons. Also the controller has a slot.
- The whole controller is pressure sensitive. So rubbing can be done with the buttons or via grip.
- Digital outputs included
[via 4 color rebellion]