Here is a sampling of some other ideas:
- "Two possible options [of capable companies] would be mobile phone companies, or some sort of 'modders delight,' where the unit sold came with dev tools and SDKs or pre-built game engines."
- "The hardware should be able to compete with the Sony PSP, especially in screen size. No need to duplicate the Nintendo DS's touch screen."
- "I don't think that it matters what kind of hardware should have a third competitor, it all comes down to the software. The dismay of Nokia wasn't because of the clunky design of the N-Gage but the lack of good games."
- "A new handheld would need performance comparable to the PSP, but would also need to provide some avenue of differentiation to make the device a platform in its own right (like the DS)"
- "I think the competition is most likely to come from one of 2 companies: Apple... [and] Microsoft."