Why does this GTA: Chicago thing smell fishier than a two week old tuna sandwich left in your high school locker? Let us count the ways:
- The previous GTA games have eschewed real cities, opting instead for fictional cities closely inspired by
actual ones. Liberty City ~ New York City; Vice City ~ Miami; San Andreas ~ Los Angeles. Chicago doesn't sound right.
- It doesn't look right either. That font is seriously dubious.
- Why announce a game on (or a day before) April 1st? Why announce a huge title like GTA just several weeks before E3 and a week after GDC? Why take the focus off the other title you're busy promoting, Table Tennis? Suspicion reaching the boiling point.
- The site was registered through GoDaddy.com,
who in turn report the registrar as an anonymous service called Domains by Proxy, Inc.. Suspicion nearing dangerous
- All of Rockstar's other GTA domains have been registered through Network Solutions to Rockstar directly. Check
LibertyCityStories.com, ViceCity.com, and GTASanAndreas.com. Suspicion core overload. Evacuate Zebes.