- Greater viewing angle - "it's now possible to watch someone else playing the system and actually see the screen"
- Brighter - "the upgraded screen may be worth the price of an upgrade alone"
- Dead pixels - "my unit has a stuck pixel on the top screen"
- Flimsy? - "the bottom screen seems to be floating in the system case, not held down tight like the DS [Phat]"
- Lighter - "the system is lighter, making it easier for me to cradle it using the tips of my fingers"
- Buttons - "The D-pad is a touch smaller... and a bit less satisfying in the click department" although "the buttons on both DS products are a little bit on the small side"
- Central microphone "makes games that use voice recognition easier to play."
- Six hours usually, although "it's not hard to get eight hours of battery life as long as you don't continually keep the system on its brightest setting."