If you're like us and still have nightly dreams of Starcraft 2 but wake up cold and alone to the fact that it's still not here, then this could be the project for you. Blizzplanet brings word that there is a collective effort underway to bring to life a high-quality Starcraft-inspired CGI film to the masses -- all on a volunteer, non-profit basis.
Already dubbed Starcraft Chronicles, this project is looking for a few good men and women to whet all our appetites until Blizzard gets off their collective butts and gives us what we want: Starcraft 2. If you think you got what it takes, here's what the group is looking for:
- 3D Modelers: Character, Objects, Vehicle modelers
- Character Animators: Human and non-Human
- Special Effects: (Fluids, particles, hair, etc.)
- Lightning and Rendering
- Matte painters & Concept Artists
- Workflow/Pipeline and Management: Web designer, Web Content Manager, Site admin, Forum moderators