A few days ago, we reported on Bizarre Creations efforts to remove Geometry Wars clone Grid Wars from the internet. Bizarre recently posted an extensive justification of their actions to the community at large on their official forums.
Among Bizarre's more salient points:
- Only hardcore gamers can tell the differences between these clones and Geometry Wars.
- Clones weaken the brand and discourage us from releasing Geometry Wars on new platforms.
- Geometry Wars is a rare example of and indie-owned, wholly original intellectual property, and that deserves protection.
- Simplicity of design does not warrant theft.
- Not wanting to buy an Xbox 360 does not warrant theft.