Ubisoft is all over Nintendo lately. Not only are they dominating the Wii launch lineup, but they're the first to bundle a peripheral not designed by Nintendo with their games. Yes, that's games plural
. Their new steering wheel, which cradles the Wiimote like the precious jewel it is, will be bundled with both Monster 4x4: World Circuit and
their new racer, GT Pro Series
. IGN snagged a short intervew with associate producer Tats Myoio. They didn't cover much, but the screens of the colorful cel-shaded game and the first look at the superfly steering wheel are so exciting that an interview is just the cherry on this Ubisoft sundae.
- GT Pro Series will feature over 80 licensed cars, including Honda, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, and Toyota.
- There are 11 different options for customization.
- The game includes a wide variety of racing modes: Championship (Career) mode, a Quick Race mode, Versus mode (splitscreen only!), Time Attack and Drift Mode.
- Any race can be saved and replayed later, for your viewing pleasure.
- GT Pro Series supports 16:9 widescreen, but no progressive scan.
- The steerig wheel was developed by Thrustmaster specifically for GT Pro Series, but it will work with other Wii titles, like the aforementioned Monster 4x4, Excite Truck, Cars, and portions of Spongebob as well.
We're vehemently not
going to be the ones who break down and make a Thrustmaster joke. Just in case you were wondering.