Computer and Video Games has put up an excellent interview
that answers some of the lingering questions about the Wii virtual console. Among the interesting points:
- The virtual console controller will not work on GameCube games, but the GameCube controller will work on Virtual console games. (To recap: VC controller + GC game = NO. GC controller + VC game = YES)
- NES virtual console games can be played using the packed-in remote.
- Games are locked to a specific system on download and can't be transported from house to house on an SD card.
- Games can be re-downloaded for free in case of deletion or system failure.
- Gamers can store up to 10,000 VC points ($100) on their account at once.
Personally, I'm stoked that my GameCube controllers will work on any virtual console downloads, as I wasn't relishing spending $80 for four classic controllers just to play some multi-player Bomberman