The Sega Genesis Collection has been earning some good reviews from critics. Featuring 28 games at a bargain price, it's certainly a steal (especially compared to the insane prices of Sega's Virtual Console offerings). However, Modojo points out the titles that could've been part of this collection to make quite possibly the greatest game anthology ever. Here's but a sampling of their suggestions:
- Gunstar Heroes Treasure's action game is beloved by hardcore gamers everywhere. It's probably not included in the Collection simply because people like myself will be buying it on the Wii Virtual Console... at least two times.
- Toe Jam & Earl Yet another game that Nintendo Wii owners will be downloading. Classic platforming.
- Sonic the Hedgehog 3 Well, the first two are in the collection.
- Sonic & Knuckles See above.
- Streets of Rage It's only like, totally, the best beat-em-up, like, ever created.
- Streets of Rage 2 See above.
- Disney's Aladdin I think this breaks the rules, as the game was developed by Capcom. However, this is licensed platforming at its best.
- Michael Jackson's Moowalker No comment.
Considering how many more classics remain in the Genesis library, it wouldn't surprise me if Sega didn't make yet another compilation of these games, and more. In fact, if Sega made a compilation of just these games alone, they'd be more than worth the price of admission. C'mon Sega! Let me give you more money!