It's getting really cold in Japan. Like, two pairs of socks cold. And as the outside gets colder, the inside gets warmer. Inevitably, we stay indoors more and play more games. This is the time of year when Thursdays become even more important to us. And today's shop for new games should be a particularly warming one.
Here's what we plan to pick up in Osaka's Den Den Town:
- Blue Dragon (the biggest Xbox 360 game in Japan to date -- a 3-DVD set that scored 37/40 in Famitsu)
- Ryu Ga Gotoku 2 (aka Yakuza 2 -- by orange-skinned Toshihiro Nagoshi; PS2)
- Ape Escape Racer (like Mario Kart, but with more monkeys and some disco balls; PSP)
- PaRappa the Rapper (Chop Chop Master Onion gets cut up and refried for the PSP)
- Power Pro Kun Pocket 9 (big-headed baseball from Konami; DS)