- You cannot put the data from two or more 20 GB hard disks onto one 120 GB hard disk. If you attempt to move multiple drives, only the last one you move will be stored.
- You can only move data from the 20GB Hard Disk to the 120 GB Hard Disk. Transferring data in the other direction, or any other combination, is not possible.
- Any data stored on the 120 GB hard disk will be automatically deleted.
- Any data stored on the 20 GB hard disk will be automatically deleted after it is moved over.
- Once you move the data over, it cannot be placed back on the original hard disk.
It's hard to think about people not getting just a bit cheesed about this. If you have two hard drives, that Microsoft told you to buy, and then when they finally release the new bigger drive and then tell you that you can only put one drive's worth of good on it, that's a pretty bitter pill they're asking you to swallow.
We've contacted Microsoft to get some answers on how that data cable does its business.