- No more UMDs: "faster load times, the increased battery life and the dramatically reduced risk of PSP shuriken injury."
- Hard drive, please: "it is high time we thought beyond the limitations of what the Memory Stick format has to offer."
- Better Wi-Fi: "let's up the ante with faster wireless connectivity. Because 802.11b was like totally 2005."
- Increased battery life: "Currently, you can expect between 4-8 hours of juice from your PSP's battery ... Surely we can do better than this by now."
- Brighter screen
- No more console ports: "A lot of the blame lies in Sony's non-committal to first-party development on the PSP" (Ironically, their most wanted game is still a port: Gran Turismo 4)
- Bluetooth: "the PS3 has Bluetooth, so I'm seeing a clear opportunity for the PSP to double up as full blown wireless controller."
- Even better Remote Play: "Give the PSP the power to turn your PS3 on and off. Let me browse content while my flat mates are getting repeatedly pwned at Resistance. And if it eats up their bandwidth, who cares?"
- Touch screen? Tilt control? "Why not have some touch screen functionality? But if that's still too limiting, why not have full set of six-axis motion detection to boot?"
- PSP-PS3 networked gaming: "PlayStation Home looks like it might be the ideal testing ground for just such an idea; the PS3 can act as the main programming platform for your own virtual home, while the PSP could simply let you hang out in your pad and check out others while you're away form the main console."
Posted on Jul 29th 2014 1:00PM
Posted on Jul 28th 2014 9:40PM
Posted on Jul 28th 2014 7:00PM