- You need to snap your 20GB drive onto the Elite, and plug the 120GB drive into the Transfer Kit (yeah, we thought it was the other way around at first, too)
- Despite the image on the CD sleeve and software screen, the manual says "be sure to connect the transfer cable to the back port, not a port on the front of the console."
- This process does not copy your 20GB hard drive; it moves that data over to the 120GB drive and erases the 20GB drive
- The preloaded content on the Elite will be erased and replaced with your old data (not Hexic! Not again! Our refurbed 20GB drive didn't have Hexic on it ... and now the Elite won't either)
- XBLM and XBLA data will be moved, but the licenses "are tied to your console not your hard drive." This means you will only be able to play/watch those items while connected to Xbox Live. (Update: this only applies to switching consoles -- users upgrading to the 120GB drive on their existing console shouldn't encounter this shortcoming)
- Movie rentals will not be moved at all and will need to be watched before transferring data.
Posted on Dec 22nd 2014 3:00PM
Posted on Dec 21st 2014 1:30PM
Posted on Dec 19th 2014 8:00PM