We already uncovered a couple of the details gleaned from the newly redesigned
PSP's manual from our own experiences with the unit, but there's a couple we weren't aware of. Here's the list:
- RAM has been doubled to 64MB, games should load faster
- The new system will support charging over USB
- The 1200mAh battery is rated at 3-6 hours, the same as the original PSP's 1800mAh battery (good news: more efficient, bad news: same overall runtime)
- Original PSP remotes will not work with the new PSP
- The fancy component AV cable will not be included (big surprise)
- The PSP Lite features a TA-085 PCB ... so, uh, yeah ...
We'll admit it, we feel silly coveting this thing. Like the DS Lite, the PSP Lite
is the same old PSP with a svelte new bod and yet, we're powerless to resist its charms. That new video-out functionality is pretty amazing though ... yeah, that's it.