In many ways adver-games are better than real games, because in playing them you learn something
... about a product
. It's like edutainment, but at the end you want to buy stuff. That synergy will be coming to an Xbox Live Arcade near you thanks to Doritos' "Unlock Xbox
" contest, which asked gamers to devise an XBLA game that carried the "bold spirit" of the Doritos brand. Judging from this list of finalists, they'll be giving the creepy Burger King
a run for his money. Behold:
- Doritos Dinosaur Dash by Mike Borland of Sewickley, PA
- Doritos Presents UDC: Ultimate Dodgeball Champions by Devan Moore of Panama City, FL
- Monkeys from Mt. Dorito by Juanito Lagasco, III of Algonquin, IL
- PB's Quest for Flavor by Jeremy Mattsen of Colorado Springs, CO
- Rythum Racing by Kenneth Parker of Warner Robins, GA
We know you have a lot of questions, like "Are the dinosaurs actually dashing for Doritos?," "Is Monkeys from Mt. Dorito
the best name for a game ever?" and "Why is PB questing for flavor when there are so many delicious varieties of Doritos-brand snack chips so widely available?" The answers, in order, are "We certainly hope so," "Absolutely," and "We have no idea.
" Hope that helps.