- 11:43PM - Arrive to an almost empty parking lot at Wal-Mart.
- 11:43:30 - Realize there is nothing going on here as I watch a woman cleaning inside.
- 11:44 - Two guys pull up asking what's the deal with the midnight launch? Tell them it looks like it's not happening here.
- 11:48 - Call up Ross who's apparently in a really great launch line waiting for his copy. Ask him if he can easily find a 7-Eleven on his internet-enabled phone that has a midnight launch. He can't hear me, but the two guys in the car know of a local store. It'll be a roll of the dice whether they're selling Halo.
- 11:50 - Follow the two guys to the nearest 7-Eleven. That's at least where I hoped we were going.
- 11:55 - Arrive at the local 7-Eleven and in a very awkward exchange that involves me pointing at the Slurpee machine and asking if they are selling, "The Halo 3." The clerk politely responds and laughs, "No, no, no, no."
- 11:57 - Say goodbye to the two strangers who say they're off to bed. They say they'll just pick it up tomorrow morning.
- 12:01AM - Standing in the empty 7-Eleven parking lot and accepting the fact that there won't be the Haloz tonight. Begin the drive home.
Posted on Dec 6th 2013 1:45PM
Posted on Dec 6th 2013 1:00PM
Posted on Dec 4th 2013 3:30PM