Although spurring just a fraction of the excitement caused by the Apple Store
temporarily shutting down, more than a few tipsters have brought to our attention that the Rock Band Community Site
is currently missing, replaced by the above picture asking us to "please check back in a few for a whole new community experience!"
Will we get a more integrated high score list? A way to look at our avatar online and take pictures? A fresh coat of paint? Anything at all? We don't know, and g
Given the notifier doesn't specify what unit of time "a few" means - it could be minutes, hours, days, years, or the notorious "when it's ready"
- we also don't know how long we'll have to wait to find out. Rock stars can be fickle like that.Update:
We've confirmed the email sent out to current Rock Band
community members that outlines the features with the new update. They include:
- Link your RockBand.com account to your Xbox Live gamertag or PlayStation Network id to share your characters, bands and high scores with your friends.
- Compare your high scores with the Rock Band community on the brand new Leaderboards.
- Make friends, write a blog, and post your pictures on your own personal RockBand.com page.
- Community forums will return with all posts intact.
It's back up
[Thanks to everyone who sent this in!]