Epic still hasn't finished up the tools that will allow modders to make their Unreal Tournament 3
maps work on the PS3, but they've taken it upon themselves to pick one from the PC community and "cook" the code so it could work on Sony's box. Players can now download DM-Shrine, made by English graphic designer Thomas Browett, here
The directions for getting it onto your PS3 (which we've lovingly placed after the jump) are not exactly user friendly, but shouldn't be too big of a hurdle. The one issue is that you are going to need someway to get it onto the system, either via a memory card or a USB memory stick. We know we're not game designers, and we think free content's great, but is there really no more elegant way of handling this?
]Here is how to install UT3 mods on your PlayStation 3.
1. Unzip the file to the root directory of any memory card that is readable by your PlayStation 3. It is already in the proper directory structure but, just in case, the path and filename need to be: ps3\savedata\blus30086-modimport\userdata.jam
2. Boot up Unreal Tournament 3 on your PS3
3. Go to the "Community" menu
4. Choose "My Content"
5. Press the [SQUARE] button to "Import Mod"
6. Follow the directions on the screen to import it from your memory device.
Once imported you'll be able to see the map in your list of Deathmatch maps. You'll be able to host the map and join servers that are hosting the map. All UT3 mods install this same way. If this were a mutator it would show up in the mutator list. If it were a gametype it would show up in gametype lists, etc.