If you'll recall, EA took care of porting The Orange Box to the PlayStation 3 while Valve concentrated on the PC and Xbox 360 platforms; unfortunately, the PS3 release was not only delayed but it also suffered from some (perhaps exaggerated but nevertheless serious) framerate issues.
[Update: Official changelog from EA posted after the break, for your edification.]
- Fixed a graphical issue whereby a player would have the explosion effect left on the end of their Rocket Launcher when attempting to Rocket Jump.
- Fixed a memory leak to improve single player stability.
- Fixed an issue whereby the players name would not appear on the Stats comparison screen.
- We have fixed an issue that would cause the vote tallies to disappear when you viewed the scoreboard between rounds.
- Fixed an online server issue.
- Fixed an issue that caused a crash when a player that wasn't in Division 1 entered 'Your Leaderboards.'
- Fixed an issue with players not always being added to the 'Players Met' menu on the XMB.
- Fixed a bug where a player viewing a friend without an EA account would have an empty entry in the friend's Leaderboard.
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to connect to the EA servers if you had more than 30 friends.