Did you enjoy our French Reference Day? We thought it'd be a fun way to celebrate the first of April. For those that missed it, in every post yesterday
we included some reference to France, French language or French culture*. Feel free to take a look for yourself and try to catch 'em all. For all the answers, peep below the break. Be sure to check out our gallery of April Fools' shenanigans
, as well.
* Note: Just to be extra clear (because we sometimes need to be
), Joystiq is not based in France.
Pictures (solutions in gallery) Chocobo's Dungeon kweh-ming to North America in July Alert #6: The Great Webcomic Switcheroo Rare offers (mostly fake) Banjo Kazooie plots Alert #8: Kia launches a Wii-driven car Steam adding Assassin's Creed, over 40 other titles from Ubisoft Alert #10: Wii Sports on iPhone and utter obsolescence Alert #11: Bungie 's Mister Chief visible from the (virtual) stars Stormfront Studios shutting down Alert #15: A potpourri of nonsense Today in Joystiq: April 1, 2008
This week, you probably Do Know Jack
- Sacre Bleu! GameTap Thursday: Mardi kicks up DiRT and Pop-A-Tronic Warlords
- Qu'est-ce que c'est?Reminder: Xbox Live scheduled for maintenance
- S'il vous plaît Alert #1: Blizzard adds bards, brings WoW to consoles
- zut alors Is 'Ice Rage' the next Mortal Kombat game ... or a prank?
- les incompetent Alert #2: The Double Bass controller
- Val d'Isere Alert #3: Legend of Zelda movie by IGN
- La Belle et la Bête Joystiq impressions: Iron Man (Xbox 360)
- coup de grâce Alert #4: Xbox 360 Wireless Helmet, The Board Game, Vintage Edition, et al
- faux pas GTA IV cleared by BBFC, 'no cuts made'
- la petite mort Alert #5: Super Pii Pii Brothers
- érotique Rumor: Lite-On bringing Blu-ray drives to 360
- tête-à-tête Final Fantasy IV coming to North America ... maybe
- mon cher The best of WoW Insider: March 26-31, 2008
- très populaire Xbox 360 nearing two million sold in UK
- prologue Metal Gear Solid 4, Assassin's Creed find love on the battlefield
- mise en scène Happy (belated) 10th birthday to StarCraft
- femme fatale Alert #9: Middle-Earth invaded by fowl creatures
- de riguer ESRB launches ratings widget
- MadameCounting Rupees: The business of politics
- rendez-vous Harmonix confirms 'Still Alive' will be free 'indefinitely'
- Let them eat cake! (origins
of the misattributed quote) Alert #12: Rock Band Kart 2008
- raison d'être Guitar Hero III squeezes out version for BlackBerry
- oeuvre April Fools pranks that make Nintendo fans cry
- amies Alert #13: 3D, physics-based Tetris on WiiWare
- mélange Alert #14: How the MMOs get their prank on
Something More Subtle Alert #7: Chris Tucker in GTA IV
- Click on the link in the first paragraph to see Chris Tucker in a very French locale. Call of Duty 4 map pack delayed a week, now hitting XBL April 10
- Click on the [Via X3F] link and note where it takes you.