Rockstar Games is poised to release their latest crime-drama opus Grand Theft Auto IV in a matter of weeks but that hasn't stopped the steady flow of updates on their official site. Yesterday Rockstar released two new trailers from within the game as well as details on the Team and Race multiplater modes found in the game, with a promise of details on the Co-op and Competitive modes before the April 29 release. The two new trailers can be found after the jump, in the mean time our big brother, Joystiq, broke down some of the multiplayer modes found in the game which you can find below.
- Team Deathmatch - Kill the opposing team and loot their dead bodies. The team with most cash at the end wins.
- Team Mafiya Work - Work as a team to complete "Mafiya" contracts before time expires; missions include: escorting wanted men, picking up MacGuffins and stealing cars. Teams can interfere with opposing teams, the team with the most cash at the end of the round that wins.
- Team Car Jack City - Teams must collect cars that spawn around the map and take them to drop off points for cash; the condition of the cars when dropped off determines the amount of cash, except for bonus cars stuffed with drugs (these have a set value). Teams must deliver the vehicles ordered by the "boss." The team with the most cash at the end wins.
- Cops n' Crooks - The crook team must get its boss to safety. The cop team has to take him down or simply destroy the getaway vehicle (see sub-modes below).
- All for One - Crooks win by getting their boss to a getaway vehicle and escaping. Cops win by killing the Boss before he gets away.
- One for All - No boss, just plain crooks trying to escape. Cops win by killing all of the crooks (this is elimination style). Crooks win by filling up the getaway vehicle, which holds up to four players.
- Turf War - Timed capture-the-base. A number of bases are scattered across the map and can be captured by standing in the appropriate area for a short time; bases can be captured more quickly with multiple teammates, but can't be captured if opposing players are on the base. Captured bases earn money. The team with the most cash at the end wins.
- Race - Checkpoint races with the ability to respawn at the last checkpoint passed; numerous courses for cars, boats and helicopters -- laps and vehicle class/type are adjustable (see sub-modes below).
- Free Race - Point-to-point races; first one to the finish wins.
- Cannonball Run - Traverse several checkpoints anyway you can.
- GTA Race - Checkpoint races with the added element of combat; weapons spawn throughout courses. Players can also exit their vehicles during road races.