In Nintendo's tireless pursuit to reach every single demographic ever
, they've partnered up with Westin Hotels to stick Wii Sports
and Wii Fit
setups in the hotel chain's exercise rooms. Why is this particular outreach unique? Think about it: they're targeting people who exercise when they're not even home
! We hate to repeat hurtful stereotypes but, while the gamers we know may not be as sedentary as some would have you believe (read: our advertisers), they're not really the type to pack a pair of running shoes next to their PSP for their next business trip. Result: new demographic.
Just in case you are the type to excercise while staying at a hotel and you accidentally stumbled here while looking for the Runner's World magazine website, we've included a list of the first 10 participating Westin hotels after the break.
- The Westin Times Square, New York City
- The Westin Bellevue, WA
- The Westin Hilton Head
- The Westin Crown Center, Kansas City
- The Westin Harbor Castle, Toronto
- The Westin Diplomat, Hollywood
- The Westin St. Francis, San Francisco
- The Westin St. Louis
- The Westin Galleria, Houston
- The Westin Savannah Harbor