Unfortunately, Donkey Kong won't be throwing barrels at you and there are no princesses that need saving. However, if you want a fun brawl on a nostalgia-inducing stage, check out "Classic DK" by blu_j.
Once again, this is a big stage that not even the warp star trick can fully tackle. Still, we tend to like it that way -- there are more places to fight and more places to scramble.
The ladders in this stage are mostly for effect, to invoke the spirit of the oldschool Donkey Kong. There are also a lot of spike traps, so you'll have to be careful not to fall into those as you try to beat up your enemies. Take a look at our gallery walkthrough for a closer look at this massive level.
1. Download the file
2. Save it to an SD card in the following location:
- US versions of Brawl: \private\wii\app\RSBE\st\st_080324_1403.bin
- Japanese versions of Brawl: \private\wii\app\RSBJ\st\st_080324_1403.bin
4. During the stage selection, click "Melee Stages" in the bottom-right corner
5. Then click "Custom Stages" in the bottom-right corner and choose the custom stage you want to play on (this particular stage is called "Classic DK_02")
Still don't get it? Not sure how to send in your own creation? Other questions on the stage feature? Just email email@example.com
Brawl stages you've made or seen? Just email firstname.lastname@example.org. From the hard, to the ridiculous, to the incredibly awesome, to the even more ridiculous, make sure to show us your favorites!
You've just read our Stage of the Week feature, in which we showcase some of our favorite reader-submitted Smash Bros. Brawl stages. If you're interested in seeing the previous Stage of the Week, just click here!