- Name: Alexander Sliwinski.
- Job Position: Peon (zug-zug), but my official Joystiq business card says "Contributing Editor."
- Past Experience/Education: Started a newspaper way back when I was at Brookline High School and have been doing the journalism thing ever since. Yes, I'm well aware of the Jonathan Coulton song about Brookline (and yes, it's true). I got my Broadcast Journalism degree from Hofstra University in New York and then somehow ended up in print/online. Every so often I dream of messing around with B-roll, voice-overs and sound bites again.
- Life outside of the 'Stiq: I watch lots of movies, television and am generally a pop culture sponge. No, seriously, I watch a lot of movies and television.
- Why I'm blogging: Holding down another job is hard when you've got a blunt honesty compulsion. See! I was supposed to lie and say something endearing there, possibly even heart-warming.
- First game experience: Hunt the Wumpus, along with other TI-99 games like, The Chisholm Trail, Parsec, Congo Bongo and pretty much the rest of that console's library.
- Favorite Games: Alpha Centauri, Max Payne, StarCraft, Grand Theft Auto, God of War, Civilization, Smash Bros., Sins of a Solar Empire and many more.
- The Dog: His name is Parker and he's a 16-year-old dachshund. He's not even mine, but he makes an adorable distraction in the photo.
Posted on Jan 26th 2015 11:00AM
Posted on Jan 26th 2015 10:00AM
Posted on Jan 23rd 2015 7:00PM