Ubisoft is set to publish Tenchu IV, both here in the United States and in Europe, taking up localization duties, as well. Given the flack that Ubisoft has taken recently for all of its casual titles, we're a bit surprised to see them so dedicated to this title, given the recent entries in the series being less than stellar, to put it politely.
And, as if that weren't enough, there's even more to all of this. Apparently, a Tenchu V and Tenchu VI are planned, although no consoles are mentioned. Could these titles also be Wii exclusives? We'll have to wait and see, we suppose.
For some basic facts about Tenchu IV, that come from the Famitsu magazine article about the game, head past the break.
What we know about the game so far:
- The protagonists are series vets Rikimaru and Ayame
- The game takes place one year after the riots caused by the Witchcraft Lord "Tenrai" and centers around the abduction of a princess
- Heavy emphasis on stealth and sneaking
- The article describes it as a possible "epitome of the series"
- Refreshed character design and new voice actors
- Assassination animations will be different for each character
Source - Famitsu write-up of the game reveal (including screens)
Source - NeoGAF translation of game facts