Off the top of our head, here's a quick list of questions we immediately asked after noticing several odd details with this The Sims 2: Apartment Pets cover:
- What are those lines on the woman's pants? We swear to Pete, those better not be some damn convertible pants. It is 2008, lady. You should know better.
- Why is she walking around the building's hallways, puppy in hand, teasing kittens with toys?
- Is that cat on the bottom right corner cuddling with the PEGI rating? This might be the only creature in the world who has actually taken a liking to the unsightly box.
- Why didn't this guy block the door when he opened it to grab the morning paper? He could have prevented this gang of animals from spilling out of his apartment.
- Is that stoic rabbit doing the shoulder lean?
Here is an actual conversation that transpired at the Fanboy offices today as we discussed the strange cover.
Eric: "This woman is giving the guy a flirtatious look -- bedroom eyes and all -- as if she's interested in whatever crazy animal situation he has going on. As if having a romp in this dude's zoo apartment is where she needs to be in life right now."
JC: "And he's looking out at the reader or viewer/shopper/whatever, suggesting a possible ménage à trois situation."
Eric: "More like menagerie à trois, am I right?"