Yet that's only one element of the stage that we enjoyed -- click past the break to see more!
There's a randomness to the "architecture" (if you will) in this stage that doesn't always make sense, like the falling boxes on the sides. Taking things like that into consideration, this stage seems to have a fair amount of gimmicks, and yet that doesn't mean they don't work. In fact, we even enjoyed some of the quirky pieces we found in this level, since we don't see them often in custom stages.
We know a lot of folks don't like fighting in enclosed areas, but Freezer Room is about more than the little freezer area below. There are other places to duke it out, too, which are more comfortable for straight-up brawling. Still, beware of the enclosed space, as any savvy opponent will probably retreat there if his or her damage is too high. Keep in mind, though, that enclosed spaces are also good for dealing out a lot of damage in a short amount of time.
Hit up the gallery below to take a closer look at the Freezer Room.
1. Download this file
2. Save it to an SD card in the following location:
- US versions of Brawl: \private\wii\app\RSBE\st\st_080310_1758.bin
- Japanese versions of Brawl: \private\wii\app\RSBJ\st\st_080310_1758.bin
- EU and PAL versions of Brawl: \private\wii\app\RSBP\st\st_080310_1758.bin
4. During the stage selection, click "Melee Stages" in the bottom-right corner
5. Then click "Custom Stages" in the bottom-right corner and choose the custom stage you want to play on (this particular stage is called "Freezer Room")
Still don't get it? Not sure how to send in your own creation? Other questions on the stage feature? Just email firstname.lastname@example.org
Brawl stages you've made or seen? Just email email@example.com. From the hard, to the ridiculous, to the incredibly awesome, to the even more ridiculous, make sure to show us your favorites!