Either way, we're more than happy to see EA unveil a "star studded" cast (complete list after the break) for Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3, which includes George Takei, Tim Curry and J.K. Simmons, who plays the "anti-communist U.S. President." Simmons, who doesn't give a wooden nickel about your legacy, thinks video games "are one of the new frontiers for actors" and thought of the role as a "great opportunity for a character actor like me to have some fun."
Also allowed to open her mouth in the press release: Jenny McCarthy, who plays Allied commando Tanya. "What I realized is Red Alert 3 is not just a video game, it's absolutely an interactive movie. This is where the people at home get to move the story forward, and where seeing the plot thicken is a reward for a job well done." In case you weren't aware, "that's really cool."
Red Alert 3 is out on Xbox 360 and PC this fall in both regular and Premier editions.
- Gemma Atkinson (the UK's Hollyoaks)
- Tim Curry (Rocky Horror Picture Show, The Hunt for Red October)
- Andrew Divoff (LOST)
- Kelly Hu (X2, The Scorpion King)
- Jenny McCarthy (Scream 3, former Playboy Playmate of the Year)
- Ivana Milicevic (Casino Royale)
- Jonathan Pryce (Pirates of the Caribbean)
- J.K. Simmons (Spider-Man, Juno)
- Autumn Reeser (The OC)
- Peter Stormare (Prison Break, Armageddon)
- George Takei (Star Trek, Heroes),
- Randy "The Natural" Couture (former UFC Heavyweight champion)
- Gina "Conviction" Carano (Undefeated Elite XC fighter, American Gladiators)