Got a question for Ask X3F? Maybe you have a story or some information you'd like to share? Send it all to ask [att] xbox360fanboy [dawt] com.
Hey there. I love your blog and read it multiple times a day!
My question is I recently bought a second 360 for another room. I only have one Gold account but want to use Netflix streaming on both boxes without having to download the profile (definitely not wife approved). Have you heard of anything on this from Major Nelson?
Ya'll are the best
Brian in Nashville
We've gotten a lot of questions similar to this one and, as a matter of fact, we asked Major this very question. According to Major Nelson, you can set up multiple Xbox 360s to stream Netflix with the same Xbox Live account, though you can only stream off of one at a time (you can't watch Netflix on two consoles at the same time, in other words). The tricky part, as you mentioned, is getting your Gamertag from one console to another. We don't know if you can simply swap out hard drives from one box to another, but you should be able to use a Memory Unit to move your Gamertag around. Since your Gamertag has Gold access, you should be able to stream Netflix off of any console so long as you've set up that console to receive Netflix. You should be aware that Netflix allows up to four devices to be associated with a single account.
So, to sum up: Put your Gamertag on a Memory Unit, set up both consoles to accept Netflix streaming, and just pop the Memory Unit into whichever 360 from which you'd like to stream.
What ever happened to the Splinter Cell movie? I remember seeing a teaser trailer in Chaos Theory. So did they decide not to make it or what?
It seems that the project has run into some problems. We weren't able to dig up any actual news articles about the film (not a good sign), but things don't look good. Way back in August 2005, it was revealed that the movie had shifted from Paramount to Dreamworks. A script had been written, but apparently the film's directer Peter Berg had moved onto a new project. In other words, the project seems to be on indefinite hold.
For what it's worth, IMDB still lists the movie for a 2010 release, and another site even says the film will star David Beron, a video game voice actor (you might remember him as Miguel in Dead Rising). Who knows, maybe interest will be renewed when the next Splinter Cell finally releases. We're not holding our breath. The trailer referred to is embedded below for those that haven't seen it.
I've been hunting for some info, but having come up with next to nothing, I figured I would use your incredible detective work.
What happened to "Dash of Destruction", the winner of the "unlock xbox" competition. It was almost a year ago the winner was announced. Is it still comming out, did it get canned? I know producing a game doesn't happen over night, but shouldn't this game have been out by now? When the winner was announced it said it was comming out for Free summer of 08.
I don't see the marketinng stategy releasig this late. I'm starting to think the project was scrapped awhile ago, and doritos and Ninjabee hope we all forgot about it.
We contacted NinjaBee to see what was going on with Dash of Destruction. The company informed us that the game is still "definitely" in development. Unfortunately, the representative couldn't tell us much more about the game right now (including when we might see it hit Xbox Live Arcade). There's hope though, as the representative told us she hoped she'd be able to tell us a little bit more in the near future. We'll be sure to report anything we here. In the meantime, you may want to check out a series of development videos (the most recent came out in April).
You keep holding on to those snack-related marketing game dreams, NumbN8.
I got a couple of questions regarding rock band.(2)
1) Do i really need to buy rock band 2 or should i just buy RB1 because all the DLC is backwards compatible. I know it sounds like a pretty stupid question but i saw RB1 for only $20 at gamestop.
2) Whichever one i buy, will the wireless (or wired) headset work as a Mic alternative, if not will other Mics work?
3) Do you think your DLC for Rock Band will be transferred over to the Xbox 720 (or w.e its called) whenever it comes out....actually will ANY of your DLC for any game be able to be transferred to the new XBox
4) Obviously gonna buy DLC: What is each of your top 10 downloadable songs for Rock Band.. do not include any free songs ex. "Still Alive".
1) Yes, all the DLC will work with either Rock Band or Rock Band 2, but if you buy the original you won't get all of the songs that are on the Rock Band 2 disc (here's the full track list). If you can live without those songs, then you might as well pick up Rock Band 1. Should you ever decide to pick up the sequel, you can always transfer the songs from the original anyway. Of course, you could also buy Rock Band 2 and just rent Rock Band 1 and do the same thing.
2) Rock Band does work with a wired headset, and we assume it would work with wireless as well. It also should work with most USB microphones.
3) That's a good question. We have no idea. Assuming the next Xbox is backwards compatible, it's always a possibility that downloadable content (and even XBLA games) could be transfered.
4) We asked our own Rock Band junkie, Dustin Burg, to lay down his favorite DLC tracks for you. In no particular order, they are:
- "The Perfect Drug" by Nine Inch Nails
- "More Than a Feeling" by Boston
- "Troublemaker" by Weezer
- "Gone Away" by The Offspring
- "Capital G" by Nine Inch Nails
- "Down with the Sickness" by Disturbed
- "Welcome Home" by Coheed and Cambria
- "The Kill" by 30 Seconds to Mars
- "Charlene (I'm Right Behind You)" by Stephen and the Colberts
- "Everlong" by Foo Fighters
Long time reader, first time caller...er...emailer. I was one of the unfortunate few who preordered my copy of Fable II CE from Amazon the day after the free Pub Game codes offer expired, and so I have no way to test this question. Peter Molyneux stated that the Fable II Pub Games glitch was intentional and that those who exploited it would be "in for a surprise". Has anybody actually checked that out and confirmed/denied ill effects from using the cheat? I know in Fancast 88 Alexander said he had 150k gold and was going to see if thee were any penalties for having so much. Any word?
As we understand it, the only punishment players receive for cheating at Pub Games is that their characters will start the game with full Corruption, making the character uglier than normal. Strangely, this can also happen to players who simply happen to have a large amount of money but haven't yet paid off their debt (which happened to Alexander). That's pretty much it though. You'll simply get a full Corruption rating, which you reverse if you take the right actions, like reducing the rent on houses or lowering the prices in shops.
That's it for this week, folks. Keep sending your questions to: ask [att] xbox360fanboy [dawt] com.