They've compiled a list of known issues and misconceptions pertaining to R2 to clarify on what's being fixed and what's intentionally in there. We've posted the list after the break for your convenience, and even re-organized the list for clearer understanding.
- The text describing the "Snake Eyes" berserk for the Spec Ops class in cooperative mode incorrectly states that you will receive two shots; it is intentional that you only get one shot. In Competitive mode, however, you will receive two shots when using the "Snake Eyes" berserk.
- The game manual says that there is a one-hit kill game mode, but there is not an option for this in the game. There is intentionally no one-hit kill option, the manual is a misprint.
- There are some instances where the rumble feature cuts out. We're looking into this issue.
- There have been several reports of users not receiving sound while using an optical output cable; we're not sure why this is happening. If this is happening to you, please double check your settings. Some people have reported that simply switching the in-game sound options to stereo and then switching it back to surround will fix the issue.
- Selecting a player's name from the Leaderboards will result in a pop up that says "Account does not exist". We're working on this issue currently.
- There are some issues with stats "disappearing" and "reappearing". There is an issue with offline and online stats syncing and merging.
- Split-screen players have a lot of difficulty joining games successfully and staying in games. We're working on this issue currently.
- Some people are reporting connection problems. The game is working; we would post an update otherwise. This seems be a client side connection issue, so please try running through some of the connection guides around here to try and solve the problem.
- There have been reports of corrupted save data files. If you see the SRPA star logo blinking/flashing/lighting up anywhere on your screen, please try to wait for it to completely go away.
- Occasionally if you enter the XMB it will lock up and you will have to reset the PS3 manually. Be sure to use the in-game options to accept party invites, accept clan invites, and to send friend invites. This should minimize time needed on the XMB to messaging and accepting friend invites.
Intentional and will not be altered:
- In split-screen mode there are "black bars" on the side of the screen and the game appears in a 4:3 aspect ratio. This is not a bug, this is intentional and was done for various reasons. Be sure to be mindful of burn-in possibilities.
- In campaign mode, the screen tint option gets stuck on your choice and you can't switch it back to normal mode. If you select normal and then die, the tinting will be reset.
- Currently the only way to join private games is to be a part of the host's party.
- Player 2 stats in split-screen mode are not saved.
- There is no round balancing between rounds.
- There is no in-game reporting for abuse. Please report offending players using the following link: http://np.us.playstation.com/complaint/pc/ComplaintForm.aspx
- User's can't use another person's save game file. This is not a bug, this is intentional.
- Campaign mode does not have a split-screen mode. This is intentional, the campaign was designed around single player experience. It simply would not work with two players, and there are no plans to add this in the future.