Over on the official Epic forums, Epic's Mark Rein detailed exactly what the Gears 2 patch will fix and the enhancements that'll be made once the patch is released. You can view a comprehensive listing of all the fixes that'll be included in the patch after the break. And from what we can tell, the patch should resolve most (if not all) the Gears 2 exploits we've heard about including that dreadful melee through the wall exploit. Oh, we should also mention that the patch will bring some new Gears 2 achievements based on the DLC. How 'bout them apples?
Gears of War 2 Patch Details
- Fixed invisible shield exploit.
- Fixed melee through walls exploit.
- Fixed infinite Lancer ammo exploit.
- Fixed shield with two-handed weapon exploit.
- Fixed bug where shotgun and boomshot shot into the ground when shooting from the hip.
- Increased penalties for quitting matches early.
- Additional spawn protection from grenades and chainsaw attacks.
- View Submission flag carrier destination using Tac/Com.
- Achievement progress numbers added to War Journal.
- Client side shotgun hit detection improved resulting in more reliable data in high latency games.
- Increased frequency of in-game Achievement tracker notifications.
- New DLC based achievements.