Listen, when the hybrid works, it works. And most RPGs have some puzzle elements somewhere, so despite the hilarity of Infinite Interactive doing the opposite of what they've done before, it's not too far off the beaten path. Of course, they could probably make a game about scooping doggy poop off the sidewalk and we'd play it. That Puzzle Quest was some fun. Hit the break to see what they have to say about their forthcoming Deathbringer, which will be released for nearly every console known to man. Think companions and co-op. Maybe they should have named it Awesomebringer..
- Real-time, fast-action puzzle gameplay.
- Persistent Heroes who can be saved and carried over from dungeon to dungeon.
- Multiplayer support for up to 2 player cooperative gamplay.
- Multiple Hero Skill Trees to choose from – all with unique attacks & abilities.
- Companion Mode, where an intelligent AI companion (with player defined action scripts) accompanies the player, to complement the player's skills. There are 4 companions to choose from. Companions are persistent just like heroes - each Companion will grow over time, gaining skills as they adventure with the hero. There will also be 5 hidden familiars that can only be found through completing hard side quests.
- Extensibility via an open architecture that allows new dungeons & monsters to be added to the game after release.
- Over 100 Magic Items for heroes to use.
- Spell System which is simple, fun and spectacular.
- Multiple Dungeons to adventure in – all with detailed and exciting level-design.
- Simple interface which should be familiar to most console & PC gamers.
- Replayability via hero skills & combinations, and also random dungeon elements and extensible items.
- High quality graphics developedfor Infinite's Sage Engine.
- Excellent Music - High quality soundtrack featuring thematic music, and dynamic music support.
- High quality sound effects, including plenty of speech and all manner of magical whooshes and crashes, all in 3d positional sound!