Headliners will include Jun Takeuchi, producer of Resident Evil 5 ("the most anticipated game of 2009," says the AIAS), Todd Howard, lead designer of Fallout 3, Ensemble Studios' Bruce Shelby and EA CEO, John Riccitiello. Insomniac Games president Ted Price will also be on hand to moderate a panel discussion between journalists from G4, Newsweek, USA Today, and the New York Times. (Sadly, the AIAS has informed us that, while we are bioluminescent, we are not "luminary" by its standards.) Take a peek after the break for the full list of speakers, who each emit more than 100k lumens.*
Following list composed by the AIAS:
- Alex Laurent, LucasArts/ILM – visual effects visionary that has transitioned from the film to games industry.
- Anita Frazier, NPD Research – lead research analyst covering retail sales in the games industry.
- Bruce Shelley, Ensemble Studios – 2009 D.I.C.E. Hall of Fame inductee and designer of some of the top selling strategy games of all time including Age of Empires and the upcoming Halo Wars.
- Chris Cao, Sony Online Entertainment Austin – lead designer on Sony Online's upcoming DC Universe MMO game.
- David Perry, CCO and Co-Founder Acclaim Entertainment – game designer on multiple MMOs as well as licensed and original IPs ranging from the Matrix to Earthworm Jim, with his games selling over 1 billion dollars retail
- Harrison Ellenshaw, Disney/ILM/LucasFilm – Academy Award nominated artist from the film and animation industries, working on Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Dick Tracey, among others.
- J. Paul Raines, COO Gamestop - formerly Executive VP for Home Depot.
- John Riccitiello, CEO Electronic Arts- co-founder Elevation Partners, former President of Sara Lee Corporation.
- Jun Takeuchi, Capcom – producer and game director on best-sellers including Lost Planet and Resident Evil 5.
- Lars Gustavsson, Creative Director D.I.C.E. Studios/EA – creative director on EA's multi-million selling Battlefield franchise.
- Michael Denny, SVP Sony Corp. EU – responsible for the direction of innovative titles for Sony including LittleBigPlanet and Buzz.
- Michael Haigh, Director London Studios, SCE Worldwide Studios - catapulted social gaming into the mainstream with Sing Star, pivotal in the development of EyeToy.
- Ralph Osterhout, Serial Inventor – former defense contractor and legendary toy designer.
- Todd Howard, Bethesda Studios – lead designer of the current top-10 selling Fallout 3.