The update will also correct Trophy errors, such as the one requiring 10,000 kills -- if you've done the deed but not gotten the reward, this patch will retroactively apply it. Full patch details after the break.
[Via PS3 Fanboy]
Some people have seen their competitive and/or cooperative characters reset to level 1. For several of those cases, this patch will not only bring back all the XP, stats, and attributes that you've lost, but it will also add to your character profile the XP/stats/attributes that you've earned since those levels were reset. For example, say you were a level 20 medic and after being reset to level 1, and you earned 5,000 XP. Thanks to the patch, you'll return a level 20 medic and that 5,000 XP will be added to your profile.
This patch will also correct some medal and trophy issues, including the "Killing Machine" trophy (if you've already accumulated 10,000 kills but haven't received this trophy, it'll pop up as soon as you download the patch).
Here are some additional patch 1.40 details:
- "Salute Me" trophy is not awarded until player reaches level 31 (Lieutenant)
- "Berserker" trophy can be collected during non-ranked games
- "Survivor" medal can be collected in cooperative games
- "Sure Shot" ribbon is awarded if player has accuracy of exactly 50%
- Added clan support for viewing members, sending invites, and setting up clan tags
- Default clan region is now USA
- Unbalanced ranked games are cancelled in staging before the game is started
- Parties are prevented from matchmaking into free-for-all Deathmatch games
- Loadouts can be disabled in the "Create Game" screen in competitive games
- Balanced the chance of dropping large ammo pickups in competitive games
- Core Control scoreboard displays "Kills"
- Improved scoreboard formatting
- Balanced the amount of XP gained by the Medic class in cooperative games
- Stalker movement enabled in cooperative games
- Small ammo pickups don't give LAARK ammo in cooperative games
- Splash damage on Pulse Cannon can damage the player firing it
- Rossmore reticule better reflects its accuracy
- Fire is easier to shake off
- Players cannot swap weapons in the middle of a melee attack
- Localized text updates
- Network message optimizations
- EULA displays the correct language text for Norwegian, Finnish, Swedish and Danish