Got a question for Ask Joystiq Xbox? Maybe you have a story or some information you'd like to share? Send it all to ask [att] xbox360fanboy [dawt] com.
1. Any word on the wireless Lips mics getting functionality with RB or GHWT?
2. Have you heard if the Jasper will be in the RE5 bundled Elites? I'd hate to own a red xbox, but it does come with a free game and my twice RROD repaired unit sucks big time.
Thanks and keep up the good work!
1. We found out last December that Harmonix and MTV were working on a patch to add support for the Lips microphone to Rock Band. The patch has yet to be released, but it should show up eventually. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for Guitar Hero World Tour. Activision confirmed last month that there are no plans to add support for the peripheral to Guitar Hero World Tour.
2. Word on the street is that the Resident Evil 5 Elite does indeed have the Jasper chips on board. In Major Nelson's recent unboxing video of the special console, he mentions that it has a 150w power supply and shows the connector. Both the supply and connector point to the console being a Jasper based on what we know about the chip set. We can't be positive, of course, but so far it seems likely that the RE5 consoles will have the Jasper chips.
I was wondering whether there will be an internet browser for the Xbox 360?
Are there any games released/announced that use the Avatars character
The likelihood that the Xbox 360 will ever have an official web browser is very, very, very, very slim. Don't count on it. Ever.
There are a few games that support Avatars, yes. Off the top of our editorial head, you can take a look at A Kingdom for Keflings, UNO, Scene-It? Box Office Smash and Bomberman Live.
long time reader first time asking i love your fancast
i have 2 questions my first question to you is about work.... i may sound young but im 14 and i was wondering how old do you have to be to apply at you hq? my second question to you is if you have a original 360 without the hdmi port could i turn it in with my warrenty and get a hdmi one?? thanks for your time
There is no age limit per se, but proper spelling, capitalization, grammar and punctuation are paramount. Work on those writing skills if you want to get started in the exciting world of video game blogging. Not to be too snarky, but you might want to start by proofreading your own email before you click 'send.'
We've been asking the same HDMI question for quite some time. Having gone through three Xbox 360s so far, we have yet to receive a replacement with an HDMI port. We keep hoping, but haven't had any luck so far. Has anyone else out sent in an Xbox with no HDMi port and received a replacement with an HDMI port? If so, tell us about it in the comments.
Hi Guys (and girls if there are any),
Two question regarding the up and coming release of the RE5 limited edition console (which incidently I love and have pre-ordered).
Do we know if MS have incorporated the "enhanced" d-pad into new controllers? I'm wondering if the red one that comes with the console will have one or the standard d-pad.
Also, 120Gb hard drive question. I've already got a 120Gb drive and I'm being the limited edition console. The hard drive on the new console looks fancy and fits the console therefore I was wondering if it was possible to transfer from one 120Gb drive to another?
According the Xbox website this is possible with a transfer kit but I've been reading that it doesn't actually work. Do you guys (and gals) have any experience of this or will this require lots of phone time with MS?
More Resident Evil 5 console questions? In answer to the first, no, we have no idea if the control included has an enhanced D-pad. Considering Microsoft already makes red controllers for the 360, we're inclined to say it probably doesn't.
Sadly, we don't have an answer for your second question. We've never had the luxury of owning two 120GB hard drives, so we couldn't tell you if it works or not. Still, if you don't care which drive is in your fancy red Xbox, there's no reason you can't just use your original hard drive. You'll have to transfer your content licenses, which can be particularly onerous if you have a lot of XBLA games, but it should still work just fine.
Hey guys 2 quick questions
1. Is the Xbox 360 a region free or multi region DVD player. Because I really would love to order the first 3 series of Skins and the complete series of Futrama (Both Region 2) and not have to buy a new player just to watch them
P.S. I live in America
1. And will microsoft ever offer support to the iPod touch. Or should I abandon all hope on that.
Thanks for the help
1. The Xbox 360 DVD player should be region locked based on wherever it was purchased, so you won't be able to play DVDs keyed for a different region. A hack to change the DVD key (and game region) was discovered way back in 2007, but we have no idea if it still works. Aside from that, we get the feeling you were looking for a simpler solution anyway.
Microsoft might add support for the iPod Touch, but we imagine it's not at the top of to-do list. Don't hold your breath.
Dear Joystick with a Q @ xbox,
Why is there no dedicated iPhone reader of engadget, joystiq, and other related goodness? I mean, icanhascheezburger has one fo' pity sakes! I pity da fool who is in charge of that. I also hate how my iPod touch keeps auto-correcting words like "pity" to say "potty." Real question: is The Guild any good if you're not an MMORPG player?
We actually do have a dedicated iPhone site, as does the rest of the Joystiq network. You can check it out at i.xbox.joystiq.com. For other Joystiq sites, all you have to do is drop 'i' in front of the URL to get the iPhone formatted site (i.joystiq.com, etc.). These sites even work great on other mobile phones too. For Joystiq sites specifically formatted for mobile devices, add an 'm' to the URL (Example: m.xbox.joystiq.com). For the record, Engadget has iPhone and mobile sites using the same format. Both the mobile and iPhone sites have a few kinks right now, but they are being worked out.
As for your second question, I have personally never seen The Guild and I do not play MMOs. I will watch an episode now. I will watch another. Nope, it's not doing it for me.
Hey guys I was wondering if you could answer a question for me? (That wasn't it)
When the combustable map pack for Gears 2 came out I had a friend of mine download it to my hard drive on his 360. I have no internet currently ( I am writing from work) and when I took it home and put the hard drive back in I have found that I am unable to access the maps. So I went to a neigbors with my 360 and used his internet and then the maps appeared. They are only there when I have Internet connection. Is there anyway to have them there with out he internet connection??
Chris, whenever you download a piece of content from Marketplace, it's automatically tied to the Xbox on which it was downloaded. You can still access it as long as your gamertag is signed into Xbox Live, which is why it worked at your neighbor's house. The only way to access it offline is to connect your hard drive to the Xbox on which it was originally downloaded. Thankfully, there is a fix. You will have to transfer the content license for the map pack to your Xbox 360. You can learn about the process by visiting this link
In the future, you might want to avoid purchasing content while logged into someone else's console. If you plan to purchase something, take your console with you and download it there.
That's it for this week, folks. Keep sending your questions to: ask [att] xbox360fanboy [dawt] com.