Namco Bandai has gobbled up 19,990 shares of D3 Publisher, giving them ownership of 95.02% of the company. Siliconera
reports the house that Pacman
built has purchased the majority of the company at a combined buyout value of 1,239,380,000 yen ($12.55 million). In mid February
, Namco Bandai -- who at the time made deals with D3's board, resulting in a 70% ownership of the company -- announced plans to purchase the remaining 30% of D3 Publisher stock. The remaining shares were purchased at the originally announced offer of ¥62,000 (US$626) per share (which sounds crazy to us).
D3 Publisher owns the overseas rights to the Ben 10
franchise as well as the Vicious Engine
, the back end that powered such PSP titles as Dead Head Fred
and 300: March to Glory
. D3 is also responsible for Dark Sector
and the OneChanbara
franchise. Can someone say "buyers remorse?"