Last February, Electronic Arts responded to Activision's saber rattling saying, "We doubt that Activision would try to sue. That would be like a husband abandoning his family and then suing after his wife meets a better looking guy." Yeah ...
So, to recap:
- Sierra is subsumed into Activision, following the Activision Blizzard merger
- Activision drops much of Sierra's lineup, including Brütal Legend
- Brütal Legend looks for another publisher, but Activision is "blocking the process"
- EA Partners swoops in as the game's new publisher
- Activision sues Double Fine (that's this post)