- 245,000 attendees. Breakdown: 17,000 trade visitors and 228,000 "end consumers."
- 458 companies attended from 31 countries.
- The gross floor space for the show was 120,000 square meters -- that's 1,291,669.2 square feet.
- Number of liters of Kölsch consumed by us: 6. Number of times "excess" was experienced: 0.
- 100,000 extra revelers could be counted if one were to consider the public celebrations and concerts at Tanzbrunnen, the Lanxess Arena and downtown Cologne.
- Approximate tent count at the GamesCom Camp: 300 -- no current estimate on how many folks stayed there. On Thursday night we were told it may have been about 700 people.
- Amount of money we saved by GamesCom tickets granting access to free public transportation: €48.
- Number of new consoles announced: 0. Number of consoles that went under the knife: 1.
- Number of times homeless guys asked us for for cash: 8. Number of times bridesmaids accosted us for cash: 3 -- still have no idea what that was about.
- Schnitzels consumed: 3.
- Attendees at GDC Europe earlier in the week: 1500, with 250 media reps.
- Number of times running into champion boxer Wladimir Klitschko: 1. Number of times he introduced himself: 1. Number of times we had any clue who he was: 0. Number of times we regretted not getting a photo of him playing Tony Hawk Ride: 6 ... now, 7.
Posted on Mar 8th 2014 1:00PM
Super Joystiq Podcast 087: Watch Dogs, South Park The Stick of Truth, The Walking Dead: A House Divided
Posted on Mar 7th 2014 2:00PM
Posted on Mar 7th 2014 12:00PM