What we want to know: If 86 percent of surveyed youngsters are asking for at least one video game this holiday gift-getting season, what miserable manner of childhood have the other 14 percent been living? No doubt leading a crusade to bring joy to teens and tweens everywhere (and, uh, recoup some losses), retailer Game Crazy has put together a handy buyer's guide for concerned parents.
Don't know which video games to get your kids because they haven't clearly indicated them in large, bold, triple-underlined letters on their wish lists? Just follow these simple guidelines:
- For the "Girly Girl" whose fashion obsession is getting way too costly: Wii Sports Resort
- For the "Music Addict" who's not worth spending real guitar lessons on: Guitar Hero 5
- For the "All Things Sports" lover who's just a tad bit uncoordinated to enjoy "outside" sports: Wii Sports Resort
- For "The Adventurer" who needs to learn that "real life" is largely confined to the indoors: New Super Mario Brothers Wii