Nintendo celebrates Thanksgiving by dropping a massive feast onto the table of every Wii and DSi owner in North America. The next Bit.Trip
game is now available on WiiWare, DSiWare receives another heaping serving of Electroplankton
, and Virtual Console welcomes ... Super Mario Kart
. We guess when Nintendo said "by year's end
" it meant "next week." See the full, seasonally appropriate bounty
after the break.WiiWare
- Bit.Trip Void (Aksys Games, 1-4 players, 600 Wii Points): Gaijin Games' abstract exploration of the history of controllers continues with the analog-controlled Void. This time, as you weave into and out of giant patches of color, you can zone out into a chiptune-induced fugue state with three of your friends!
- Harvest Moon: My Little Shop (Natsume, 1 player, 1,200 Wii Points): In this spin-off game, you raise crops, and then use your harvest in your own shop. Prepare ice cream, juice, and other food items for your customers in minigames, and then put the earnings back into your farm and/or shop to expand.
- Little Tournament Over Yonder (Gevo Entertainment, 1-2 players, 800 Wii Points): Control a Prince or Princess in a "little" turn-based strategy game, with action elements. Each unit gains individual experience after every match. If your little friend wants to play, it features a two-player competitive mode.
- Learning with the PooYoos: Episode 1 (Lexis Numérique, 1 player, 500 Wii Points): The awkwardly named educational title is finally here! Are you ready to find out about numbers, shapes, letters, and other basic concepts? No? Don't worry, a bunch of baby animals are here to help you.
- Electroplankton: Luminarrow, Sun-Animalcule, Lumiloop, Marine-Crystals, Varvoice (Nintendo, 1 player, 200 DSi Points each): Nintendo completes the DSiWare Electroplankton series with this release of five of Toshio Iwai's weird, wonderful musical toys.
- myNotebook: Blue (Nnooo, 1 player, 200 DSi Points): A cheap, potentially useful note-taking app. It'll be available in red and green soon, so if you prefer one of those to blue, hang on! No, we don't know why they weren't all released at the same time. Or why they're all being released separately.
- Castle of Magic (Gameloft, 1 player, 500 DSi Points): This platformer makes its way to DSiWare from the iPhone. It includes a unique camera function, through which photos containing certain colors will enable you to transform into powered-up forms of the same color.
- Super Mario Kart (SNES, 1-2 players, 800 Wii Points): Mario and his friends race in go-karts, on tracks inspired by the Super Mario Bros. games. If this is new to you, you should go ahead and download the game. You'll like it. It'll really liven up that rock you've been living under.
- A Boy and His Blob: Trouble on Blobolonia (NES, 1 player, 500 Wii Points): The original game upon which WayForward's Wii game was based, A Boy and His Blob features the same fundamental gameplay: throwing jellybeans at a blob to induce transformations. However, there's no hug button!