EA's modern warfare
reboot of the Medal of Honor
series features a special forces operative with a whole lot of beard on its cover. This rugged individual – with massive amounts of flavor saver and crumb storage – may be based on an actual soldier codenamed "Cowboy
," but where's the fun in that? Our very own Ludwig Kietzmann wondered aloud
on Twitter: what should the cover model's name be (hashtag: #needsmohrnames
)? Some suggestions:
- @LudwigK: Bike McGrisslename
- @SlamVanderhuge: Nails McBeefballs
- @Roblink: Shampoo "Bubbles" McBride
- @jcfletcher: Sausage "Egg" McMuffin
- @Gamerbrood: Toothbrush McLaughlin or Floss McKenzie
Drop some more name ideas in the comments and let us know what you're playing this weekend.
- Alexander Sliwinski (@XanderSliwinski): Mr. Grant sent me Assassin's Creed 2 and New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Now to find out what all the hullabaloo is about.
- Andrew Yoon (@scxzor): I just finished my preview copy of Heavy Rain. Now, I will play it again in French, trying to get everyone murdered.
- Ben Gilbert (@BigBossBgilbert): I've got a handful of time left to spend with Rock Band: Unplugged before it goes back to GameFly, and I'm very strongly considering a purchase of Borderlands. I kind of think I need it.
- Christopher Grant (@ChrisGrant): I've got some assassinating to wrap up before stepping into the Elven shoes of Sneakblayde, my Dragon Age: Origins doppleganger. My weekend multiplayer ambitions are legion, however: Uncharted 2 co-op and multiplayer; Modern Warfare 2 co-op and multiplayer; and MAG supermultiplayer.
- David Hinkle (@DaveHinkle): After having finished all of The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned in Borderlands, I've been playing a lot of Modern Warfare 2 lately -- that will likely soak up the majority of my free time this weekend. I also plan to spend some time shooting people in another game, MAG, and still want to get back into Brütal Legend. Plus, I've got this God of War Collection here. Games journalism really sucks sometimes, guys!
- Griffin McElroy (@griffinmcelroy): My late-night Modern Warfare 2 sessions with Dave have gotten me pretty addicted to the game. I mean, I'm still terrible at it, but that still hasn't diminished my enjoyment.
- James Ransom-Wiley: "R.I.P. Xbox 360" (Oct. 20, 2005 – Dec. 4, 2009)
- JC Fletcher (@jcfletcher): I'm chugging along in The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (Get it? Because trains. Trains make a "chugging" noise, and "chugging along" is also a fairly common expression for the kind of steady progress that trains make). If there's time, I'd also like to learn more about this "Bat Man" character.
- Justin McElroy (@JustinMcElroy): Uhh, I think I'll probably end up playing some Dragon Age: Origins. Sorry, that was kind of boring wasn't it?
- Kevin Kelly (@gadgetguy): I'm finally ready to crack open the seal on my copy of Assassin's Creed 2, dive back into Borderlands (I've barely completely the tutorialish level), and finally delve into Torchlight. I just downloaded the massive update to MAG, and with any luck I'll actually get the darn thing to launch and join. On the board game front, we're trying out Attack!, Quarto!, and any other title I can find with an ! in it.
- Ludwig Kietzmann (@LudwigK):II've seriously got to play this God of War Collection. The worst thing you can do to an an already huge backlog is to expand it with games that you've already finished.
- Randy Nelson (@DangerPenguin) I'm going to work on renovating the little town I live in, which I pay for in part by occasionally pickpocketing people. Oh, then I think I'll play some Assassin's Creed 2!
- Richard Mitchell (@SenseiRAM): Well let's see. Left 4 Dead 2 is pretty great so far (where are you, Gnome Chomsky?!). Uncharted 2 is captivating. Torchlight can instantly warp you to one hour in the future. I still need to try MAG and Borderlands is on the way from GameFly. So, a lot, basically.
- Xav de Matos (@Xav): I'll be catching up on titles I missed this year, including Dragon Age: Origins, Wolfenstein and Red Faction: Guerrilla.
- Justin Glow (@justinglow): (Justin "Kibbles" McGlowstein-Hapsburg)