Considering the high-profile Q4 2009 retail release schedule is going to go well into 2010
, which then hurts the downloadable games
market, let's talk downloadable games in this week's WRUP. Let us know the titles from WiiWare
, PlayStation Network
, Xbox Live Arcade
or PC from 2009 that you think shouldn't be missed. What's everyone playing this weekend?
- Alexander Sliwinski (@XanderSliwinski): Probably going to do a little Firefight this weekend, also been having a craving to play inFamous again.
- Andrew Yoon (@scxzor): It's time to start cracking on some handheld games, as they're typically ignored by the GOTY crowd. Going to start Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story and keep on trucking through GTA: Chinatown Wars.
- Ben Gilbert (@BigBossBgilbert): Although I'd love to spend more time with Red Faction Guerrilla (Far Cry 2 on Mars! ... kinda!), I promised myself I'd play PixelJunk Shooter and Uncharted 2 this weekend. Now that Dragon Age: Origins is coming to Mac on Dec. 21st, I have one more excuse to put it off for the time being!
- Christopher Grant (@ChrisGrant): This weekend will be spent: a) catching up on the Holiday shopping that I've so irresponsibly put off until now and b) ignoring the aforementioned Holiday shopping and playing more Dragon Age: Origins.
- David Hinkle (@DaveHinkle): With Modern Warfare 2 being unplayable right now, my weekend will probably be a lot less exciting. I'm hoping to get to Brütal Legend and I definitely need to give this PC copy of Dragon Age: Origins some more of my time. Aside from those two, I've also got God of War Collection whispering sweet, violent nothings in my ear.
- Griffin McElroy (@griffinmcelroy): This weekend, I'll be making the portable gaming decision equivalent of Sophie's Choice -- Do I play Pokemon Platinum, which I've almost beaten, or Final Fantasy VIII, which I barely played when it was first released? I take it back, that's way more difficult than Sophie's Choice.
- James Ransom-Wiley: Thinking of my long plane ride this weekend, I'm gonna play the App Store lottery: blindly purchase a buncha 99-cent iPhone games! I hope I pick a winner ...
- JC Fletcher (@jcfletcher): I'm just going to sit back in my chair and relax with Jake Hunter Detective Story: Memories of the Past. It should really take the edge off of the Bayonetta demo I keep replaying.
- Justin McElroy (@JustinMcElroy): That review build of Dark Void demands my time, I've also got to play a bit more BioShock 2 before our preview on Monday. I know, it's a rough existence.
- Kevin Kelly (@gadgetguy): This weekend is when everyone and their mom decided to have holiday parties, so between those I'll be playing Left 4 Dead 2, more Modern Warfare 2 (Dave's on crack ... it's plenty playable as my lack of sleep can attest to), Assassin's Creed 2, and I'm still dangerously close to peeling off the shrinkwrap on Dragon Age. Yikes. Happy Hollydaze, everyone!
- Ludwig Kietzmann (@LudwigK): I think I'm in the last stretch of Dragon Age: Origins ... which is probably another 10-15 hours, right? If I manage to save Ferelden before Sunday, I'll venture into Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. I also have a brand new copy of Demon's Souls -- finding the time to play it is going to be the hardest part!
- Randy Nelson (@DangerPenguin) I just completed my third? fourth? playthrough of God of War via the Collection and headed straight into God of War II -- cripes, that game has aged well! I still have three cheevos to go in Assassin's Creed II, so I hope to nail those so I can 100% the game before the DLC hits. Oh, and I'll probably play through the MGS: Peace Walker English demo about a billionty times. Good stuff!
- Richard Mitchell (@SenseiRAM): Having shipped my beloved review copy of Left 4 Dead 2 to Kevin (enjoy it, jerk), I have the exquisite problem of choosing between Borderlands and Torchlight. I've also got a birthday bash tomorrow, so all kinds of games could be in the offing. Castle Crashers? TMNT? Halo? No idea, but the excitement is killing me.
- Xav de Matos (@Xav): This weekend I'm rocking some Torchlight and Left 4 Dead 2. Also, I'm going back through the Splinter Cell series (starting with the first) to prepare for Conviction this February. Epic.
- Justin Glow (@justinglow): (Is a new downloadable title coming in 2010)