With the planet currently recovering, still partying or just getting started saying goodbye to the decade, let's not get nostalgic about the naughts just yet. Everyone's homework assignment for next week's WRUP -- yes, this includes Joystiq editors -- is to think about five games they enjoyed this past decade. The caveat is that the games don't have to be the best of the decade, so try not to get flustered coming up with the games that defined the last ten years. Just think about five games you enjoyed and you're done. This is supposed to be fun, so mull it over for a week and we'll come back to it.
So, what's everyone playing this weekend?
- Alexander Sliwinski (@XanderSliwinski): Hinkle and my board and card game bro-mance continues.
- Andrew Yoon (@scxzor): With New Super Mario Bros. Wii done and out of the way, I'm going to spend
some time with Final Fantasy: The Crystal Bearers.
- Ben Gilbert (@BigBossBgilbert): With GameFly having sent me 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand roughly eight months too late, I'm just getting around to hitting its bigass ramps. Also will be finishing up Borderlands and Uncharted 2. Direct2Drive already thwarted my attempt at purchasing Dragon Age: Origins once, so I plan to attempt wrangling a second digital copy for my MacBook.
- Christopher Grant (@ChrisGrant): This weekend, like every weekend for the next six to nine months, will be spent mastering the secrets of Dragon Age: Origins. Should I finish that game in this lifetime, I'll no doubt retire to a small cabin in the woods, and abandon "video gaming" forever.
- David Hinkle (@DaveHinkle): Having achieved 1,000GS in Halo 3: ODST, I'll probably look to continue my board/card game kick with Mr. Sliwinski (he says I'm not allowed to use his first name), so I fully expect to get my Catan/Ticket to Ride/Magic: The Gathering/Texas Hold 'Em on this weekend. Not Friday, though. I'll spend that day avoiding death (AKA paying for Thursday night).
- Griffin McElroy (@griffinmcelroy): I'll be working my way though Spirit Tracks, so that I might justify my purchase of Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes. Oh, also, like the rest of the known universe, I'll be playing some Dragon Age.
- James Ransom-Wiley: I'll be *watching* the tracking updates on the "repaired" Xbox that's en route.
- JC Fletcher (@jcfletcher): I have a bunch of games I need to make progress in for the site, but this weekend will consist entirely of Rock Band 2 with my wife.
- Justin McElroy (@JustinMcElroy): Now that I've solved Dragon Age: Origins I can move on to more shooty pursuits like Dark Void.
- Kevin Kelly (@gadgetguy): Whoops, I'm late to the game ... literally. But I'll be playing RECOVERY and THE HANGOVER this weekend while sneaking in some more Modern Warfare 2 and board games with fellow rehabbers. Hydrate, folks, hydrate!
- Ludwig Kietzmann (@LudwigK): After buying it on day one, I finally intend to finish ... Jade Empire. I was busy, okay?
- Mike Schramm (@MikeSchramm): I'll be enjoying my brand new Playstation 3, and starting my wild and wonderful journey through all the exclusive titles. Probably going to start with the first Uncharted, and maybe buy Flower and Fat Princess from the store. Oh, and I hear these Blu-ray discs are popular nowadays, so I'll have to find one of those somewhere.
- Randy Nelson (@DangerPenguin) I'm ending the year small! Well, at least in terms of the games I'll be playing. Small as in my most recent addiction: Words With Friends for iPhone. I've also got the full ArtStyle lineup on my DS to keep me enraptured (and on the brink of a breakdown) through the long weekend. I'd be playing Torchlight if it (or Steam) was available on Mac without Bootcamp (and if my MacBook could run the game, which I seriously doubt). *wink* people reading this who can give me a sweet deal on a new MacBook *wink*
- Richard Mitchell (@SenseiRAM): With any luck, I'll be playing some Left 4 Dead 2, Assassin's Creed II, Borderlands and LittleBigPlanet. However, chances are I will be too busy getting my par-tay on to play any video games. Maybe I can sneak some SingStar into the festivities. People will be playing a video game and not even know it!
- Xav de Matos (@Xav): It's a classics weekend for me as I covertly complete each of the original Splinter Cell titles in anticipation of Splinter Cell: Conviction. Any other free time will be spent playing Left 4 Dead 2 Versus and GTA: Chinatown Wars.
- Justin Glow (@justinglow): (Is becoming Y2K10)