There were also lots of other interesting stories this past week, from the WoW movie being pushed up thanks to Spider-Man's demise, to security holes and care packages, to papercrafts that prove none of us have any real artistic talent.
The best of WoW.com for the week is after the break.
- Cataclysm's internal Friends and Family Alpha
Our reports place this stage of Cataclysm beginning this week.
- Account administrators encouraged not to restore hacked characters
Instead of restoring characters, they were being told to push optional "care packages" on to users.
- Lax security in the Billing department leads to exploits
If you were a devious person you could exploit Blizzard's policies and duplicate your items.
- Mandatory authenticators under serious consideration
Our sources within Blizzard tell us they are giving serious considering to requiring everyone who plays WoW to have a Battle.net authenticator attached to their accounts.
- Blizzard beefs up account security practices
We're also told that Blizzard has now changed a few things internally.
- WoW Magazine now shipping
The official Warcraft magazine has headed out the door to the waiting hands of players everywhere.
- Rumor: Sam Raimi's next project is the Warcraft movie
According to the rumor mill, since Sam Raimi is done with the Spider-Man franchise, his next gig will be the Warcraft movie.
- 15 Minutes of Fame: World of Warcraft and Philosophy
Editor John Nordlinger sits down with WoW.com and talks about his book World of Warcraft and Philosophy.
- Lichborne: A death knight primer for tanking five-man dungeons
With the new cross-realm random dungeon finder in place, people can use a little direction in tanking with their death knights.
- The world of papercrafts
Some amazing artwork done with paper is featured.
- Dungeon finder loot advice
Our resident drama experts dispense some advice on that ever so precious loot you get while running through random dungeons.