Information has bubbled up from the Japanese 2chan message board about the new Wii Zelda game and, while 2chan's record on rumors hasn't been bad (they've broken information on Japanese anime, Resident Evil and other games that later turned out to be true), these rumors are crazy. Like Majora's Mask crazy. See what we mean after the break.
We'll warn you once more: These are uncorroborated from an online message board. A message board that's right sometimes, to be sure, but a message board nevertheless. So before you decide to burn your Link plushie in protest after reading these, you'll want to wait for official confirmation.
- The game will be very different from the traditional overworld/dungeon/overworld Zelda style.
- Link will be left- or righthanded depending on whatever option you select as a player.
- Mechanics and gameplay are done in terms of development, and dungeons, story, and characters are still being fleshed out. Part of the story will involve an innkeeper in Link's hometown and her young son.
- The girl in the teaser picture above may be named Adelle, Adella, or Aderu, though that picture was a placeholder, not her real face. She won't be with you throughout the game, but she will communicate with Link through his sword.
- The sword itself is not the Master Sword, but it will develop and release unlockable abilities as the game goes on.
- There will be horseback combat, and your horse (possibly Epona, though that may just be a nickname for the horse in the translation) will be much better at avoiding obstacles.
- And finally, the Link in this game may be the Hero of Time from Ocarina of Time, the game itself may contain time travel, and the overworld may include more than just Hyrule, and/or may not be Hyrule at all. That means that the Wii Zelda may in fact be a direct or indirect sequel of Majora's Mask, a fact sure to raise the ire of some (and the hopes of others).