A pair of other newly-released RPGs also did quite well: the PS3 version of tri-Ace's shooty-RPG End of Eternity (we call it "Resonance of Fate") landed in second place on the weekly software chart with 118,088 units sold (the Xbox version charted respectably at #8, selling 27,048 units) and Ar Tonelico 3 hit #4 with 81,633 copies sold. Even the Japanese release of MAG managed to make it into the top ten!
See the complete weekly top ten sales list after the break.
Japanese Top 10 Software Sales (January 25–31)
- Dragon Quest VI (DS) - 906,458 units
- End of Eternity (PS3) - 118,088 units
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii) - 83,930 units
- Ar Tonelico 3 (PS3) - 81,633 units
- Tomodachi Collection (DS) - 45,474 units
- Wii Fit Plus (Wii) - 32,888 units
- Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep (PSP) -30,225 units
- End of Eternity (Xbox) -24,048 units
- MAG (PS3) - 19,139 units