Meanwhile, in what boils down to a horrible coincidence, those of us caught in the grips of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer addiction are being left behind to take care of this little website. Not going to lie: We simply can't be trusted to not take 20 minute breaks every hour.
What's everyone playing this weekend?
- Alexander Sliwinski (@XanderSliwinski): Cry havok! Havoc, really? Whatever, it's an all Battlefield: Bad Company 2 weekend for me.
- Andrew Yoon (@scxzor): My feeble attempts to finish Heavy Rain and Mass Effect 2 were thwarted last weekend, making this the last chance I have before GDC consumes my soul. Foolishly, I've also recently started Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition, Resident Evil 5 DLC, and plan on clearing up some achievements in Army of Two: The 40th Day. Oh, and I'm still playing Uncharted 2 multiplayer, so if any of you are interested in some three-player co-op on Hardcore, find me on PSN!
- Ben Gilbert (@BigBossBgilbert): Preparing for more online adventures with Dave and Alexander in Bad Company 2. I should probably get back to Mass Effect 2 sometime soon, but I've got more dogtags to steal from your dead body before I do that.
- Christopher Grant (@ChrisGrant): I'll be on a plane in about, oh ... forty hours! That leaves me not a lot of time to play anything but I will try to use that time to get past the part of BioShock 2 that's not doing it for me. I'm about four hours in – when do I start liking it? Then, for the next twelve days, it's portable games! C'mon Valve, let's see that Mac OS X Steam release, so I can have some games on this here MacBook Pro.
- David Hinkle (@DaveHinkle): I just hit level 10 in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 last night -- something I probably shouldn't be too proud of given how long it takes somebody to get to level 10 and how completely new it still is. But, there it is and I'm sure I'll be up another few by the time anybody reads this. I may -- actually, I'm pretty sure I have a problem.
- Griffin McElroy (@griffinmcelroy): I'm going to be taking it easy on the gaming this weekend, and catching up on all the news I missed while playing Final Fantasy XIII this past week. (Holy crap, there's a new SOCOM?)
- James Ransom-Wiley: I'm still recruitin' fools for a suicide mission. You in?
- JC Fletcher (@jcfletcher): I'm still playing Ace Attorney Investigations, and that Bit.Trip Runner trailer has me wanting to go back through that series as well. Maybe I'll fail later in the second level of Beat than previously!
- Justin McElroy (@JustinMcElroy): I'm going to make a final, heroic push to finish Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and God of War 3. That's right, heroic.
- Kevin Kelly (@gadgetguy): I have become a little too obsessed with Toy Soldiers on XBLA. TOO OBSESSED. Also, I'm going to try to get to the ending of Heavy Rain before GDC starts, I'm just not sure how close I'll get. Also, tonight we're having a board game night with friends, and it's all train-themed, baby: Mystery Express and Ticket to Ride. All aboard!
- Ludwig Kietzmann (@LudwigK): I'm stuck on a plane for most of the weekend -- literally and in the second Edgeworth case.
- Mike Schramm (@MikeSchramm): I'm playing through Assassin's Creed II until Sunday evening, at which point I'll be packing for GDC. Also hoping to sneak in a little Last Night on Earth at Kevin's board game night, although it looks like he's already got a train theme going on.
- Randy Nelson (@DangerPenguin) Finally getting to play Darksiders and really liking it. Only snag is that I put the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 disc in my 360 and now it won't come out. Well, not so much won't but can't. Ever. Maybe. When away from my consoles I'm utterly addicted to Space Miner: Space Ore Bust for iPhone. It's ... out of this world.
- Richard Mitchell (@SenseiRAM): Pic suggestion: Something to do with this? Yes, I'm still playing Mass Effect. However, with GDC next week, it's going to be plenty of DS gaming and Torchlight.
- Xav de Matos (@Xav): Have to finish Battlefield: Bad Company 2 single-player most ricky tick, then it's all multiplayer.
- Justin Glow (@justinglow): (Perfecting his cattle prod for next week.)