We know you're probably asking yourself, "What the heck is this? I want Joyswag to include something coo! Like a PS3 on fire with zombie monkeys coming out of it! What's with this homework junk?!" Well, hear us out. Every single one of you enjoys playing games, right? We're also hoping that in the grand scheme of things, some of you might actually end up making games one day. This is your first step down that road. We're not just giving you swag, we're giving you knowledge.
To paraphrase the ancient Chinese proverb: "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Give him a slew of books about gaming, make him develop a bestselling game." Plus, in the effort of not being entirely boring, about half of these books are actually fun. Here's what you get on the development side: Real-Time Cameras: A Guide For Game Designers and Developers, Artificial Intelligence for Games, Digital Art Masters Volume IV, and 3D Game Textures: Second Edition (complete with a DVD). On the fun side, you get Rogue Leaders: The Story of LucasArts, The Splended Magic of Penny Arcade: The 11 1/2 Anniversary Edition, and Halo Evolutions: Essential Tales of the Halo Universe.
- Leave a comment telling us what you'll do with your newfound knowledge.
- You must be 18 years or older and a resident of the US or Canada (excluding Quebec -- you know why).
- Limit 1 entry per person per day.
- This entry period ends at 3:00PM PT on Sunday, April 11.
- At that time, we'll randomly select one winner to receive one copy of Real-Time Cameras: A Guide For Game Designers and Developers (ARV $59.95), Artificial Intelligence for Games (ARV: $74.95), Digital Art Masters Volume IV (ARV: $39.95), 3D Game Textures: Second Edition (ARV: $49.95), Rogue Leaders: The Story of LucasArts (ARV $60), The Splended Magic of Penny Arcade: The 11 1/2 Anniversary Edition (ARV: $24), and Halo Evolutions: Essential Tales of the Halo Universe (ARV: $14.99).
- For a list of complete rules, click here.
What is Joyswag? Since we don't keep the games and merchandise we receive for review or promotional purposes, it becomes "Joyswag," which is passed along to our readers. Please note that Joyswag may be in "used" condition. For more info on our policy, click here.