On DS, Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver have sold an astonishing 8.4 million copies -- 3.78 million in Japan, where the game's been out since September, and 4.62 million outside of Japan in just a few short weeks of availability before the close of the fiscal year. Nintendo's Japan-only Tomodachi Collection sold 3.2 million copies, and Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box moved a respectable 2.43 million copies outside of Japan. Even Style Savvy, which has a somewhat low profile in North America and Europe, sold 1.21 million copies in those territories. As for two perennial bestsellers, Mario Kart DS and New Super Mario Bros. each sold over three million copies outside of Japan in the last fiscal year.
Nintendo's marquee 2009 Wii titles, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit Plus and New Super Mario Bros. Wii, sold more than 10 million units each in North America and Europe alone; and worldwide, those titles sold 16.14 million, 12.65 million, and 14.7 million copies, respectively, through the fiscal year. But if you think those are big numbers, think again. Thanks to Wii Sports being bundled with the Wii system outside of Japan, the game now totals 63.46 million units sold. Heck, even Link's Crossbow Training (bundled with the Wii Zapper) broke a million sold in the last fiscal year.
Head past the break for the complete list of million-sellers from Nintendo's fiscal year ending March 31, 2010.
Source [PDF] - Supplementary information about earnings release [Nintendo]
Note: Sales totals are global, life-to-date through March 31, 2010
- Link's Crossbow Training (bundled with Wii Zapper) - 4.8 million
- Mario Kart Wii - 22.55 million
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii - 14.7 million
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 9.48 million
- Wii Fit - 22.61 million
- Wii Fit Plus - 12.65 million
- Wii Play (bundled with Wii Remote) - 27.38 million
- Wii Sports (bundled with Wii system outside of Japan) - 63.46 million
- Wii Sports Resort - 16.14 million
- Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day - 18.72 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - 2.61 million
- Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - 3.09 million
- Mario Kart DS - 17.9 million
- Mario Party DS - 7.07 million
- New Super Mario Bros. - 22.49 million
- Nintendogs - 23.26 million
- Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver - 8.4 million
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky - 1.4 million
- Pokémon Platinum Version - 7.06 million
- Professor Layton and the Curious Village - 3.17 million (does not include sales in Japan)
- Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box - 2.43 million (does not include sales in Japan)
- Style Savvy - 2.09 million
- Super Mario 64 DS - 8.64 million
- Tomodachi Collection - 3.2 million (only available in Japan)
*Listed titles recorded global sales of at least one million units in fiscal year ending March 31, 2010.