That's where you come in! Design a new default user icon for Joystiq commenters and you could become, uh, the designer of the new default user icon for Joystiq commenters! Heck, having earned a prestigious title like that, you'd have a Facebook status update that lasts all day. That's got to be worth a few hours of doodling up a design, right? (Protip: There's a DSi XL, plus a couple solid games, in it for the winner, too.)
Head past the break for entry details. Update: The entry period has closed -- we are currently judging submissions.
To enter this contest:
- You must be 18 years or older and a resident of the US or Canada (excluding Quebec)*.
- Design a default user icon for Joystiq commenters using the following guidelines:
- Your design must be original; do not use or modify an existing brand, product or logo, including the Joystiq logo (such entries will be automatically disqualified).
- Your design must be formatted as a JPEG image with square dimensions (minimum: 128 x 128 pixels; all images must be scalable down to 32 x 32 pixels).
- Email your JPEG submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may enter as many submissions as you like.
- The entry period ends at 3:00PM ET on Monday, May 17.
- At that time, the Joystiq staff will judge eligible submissions based on certain criteria ("originality, creative expression and distinctness of 'video game' aesthetic") and select one winner, whose design will be incorporated into the Joystiq commenting system as the default user icon (note: winning icon will not replace icons previously uploaded by users). The winner will also receive a Nintendo DSi XL Burgundy system (ARV $189.99), WarioWare D.I.Y. game (ARV $39.99) and Picross 3D game (ARV $19.99).
- For a list of complete rules, click here.